Lee-Anne Murray is the Operations Manager in Profica’s workplace Solutions Design and Build team. A real go-getter, her advice to women is to just ‘Take the bull by the horns!” in this rewarding industry where no two days are the same. She’d like to see more women on building sites, running the show! She loves working in Profica’s diverse, dynamic environment.
1. What inspires you to get up in the morning?
Knowing that every day holds a new challenge and I’m going to learn something new.
2. Tell us a bit more about what you bring to the Profica team.
A combination of hard and soft people skills and the ability to build strong relationships with both staff and clients.
3. What do you most love about what you do?
The constant challenges and that no two days are ever the same. Being able to develop wonderful relationships with people across the board.
4. What are some of the challenges you face working in a male-dominated industry?
There is the odd person who doesn’t respect you or feel that you have the right to be in this male-dominated world of construction, but I feel that I am definitely being respected for my experience and ability to do my job.
5. What advice would you give to other young women that want to be in this industry?
Don’t be afraid, take the bull by the horns, it’s a cutthroat industry with little room for error but very rewarding at the end of the day.
6. What would you like to see women do more of in your industry?
I’d like to see more women on building sites running the show, not just behind the scenes, but really in the thick of it.
7. Why did you choose to work at Profica?
It’s a culture that has long appealed to me and the diversity of age, race, demographic and gender makes it an all-encompassing and a dynamic environment in which to work. Profica encourages women to partake in all aspects of the business and empowers them to achieve their goals.